<$BlogRSDURL$>

My mutant power is helping people waste time more efficiently! Quality procrastination since 1995.

Thursday, April 22, 2004

Today's Zephyr

Ranting aside, here's today's zephyrs.


This Top 11 is just for you, Caleb



A couple of people have asked me why Homestar Runner isn't on this page. Because it has a funny to not funny ratio of 1:500, that's why. When it's funny, it's really really funny, but the rest of the time, it's horrid. Click at your own risk.



For those of us mired in geekdom, semi-geekdom, wannabe geekdom, and geekdom admiration, it's interesting to know "Which OS are you?" FYI, I'm Debian Linux



This collection of "Rejected Titles for Little Golden Books" could be described as one of the humor peices that started it all. I first reorganized and republished it on my now defunct first website primadonnasrevenge.com back in 2000 - This one's for you, Vicki. "OMG, that's so *wrong*" factor: 5/5



Once upon a time, there was a shockwave toon that circulated with this impossibly strange background music with the repeated exclamation "Yatta!" I was immediately enthralled. If I remember correctly, it didn't do much for Ayric. However, I still maintain that it is damn funny in a very goofy way. I did some research and discovered, as with all things wacko (except for Jacko) it comes from Japan. (Makers of the Hello Kitty Vibrator)

The shockwave version serves as a "translation" of what's being said in the original (kind of like Pavarotti Loves Elephants (or, Elephants Yeah!)30 seconds, 3:1 Elephant:Pavarotti ratio, Flash)

The actual real music video for Yatta is on par with the shockwave parody (technically, it's called a fanimutation), and you can find lots of Yatta material here. (Hosted, interestingly enough, by MIT). However, none of the links for downloading the original work, so download it here. This is a largish file, and I would not recommend trying it on dialup. For a quicker, lower quality original Yatta experience, download this one. Is so easy! Happy go lucky! I might mention that one of the guys reminds me of Julian for some strange reason, and I swear I'm not drunk. Warning: you may wish those in the original video were wearing pajamas. Running time: 3:05 Trainwreck/Can't Look Away/Rubberneck factor: 5/5



For those of you who are wondering, those creepy things on the Quizno's commercial are called Spongemonkeys, and they were created by the guy who did Pavarotti as above. Some of his stuff is funny, some of it's not, all of it is quite freaky. Should you decide to research this further, you can see the whole shebang here.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?