<$BlogRSDURL$>

My mutant power is helping people waste time more efficiently! Quality procrastination since 1995.

Monday, May 10, 2004

Nothing you see is real.

Doesn't that sound vaguely...Buddhist? Like, meditating on that for a bit might allow you to transcend or ascend or hit send or whatever people are aspiring to these days. Nothing you see...is real. Nothing, you see, is real. Nothing. You. See. Is. Real.

The thing that is beginning to worry me is that it's true. Movies, TV, even/especially reality TV...it's all completely unreal. I could wax poetic about the sociological implications of a completely pseudo-faux-mock-illusion society, but, I wont. I will, however, say that pretty much *nothing* in this post is entirely safe for work. Things that are not real and boobs are pretty much synonymous.

So, we've all seen
Celebrities without makeup but I was a little surprised to discover just how fake celebrities really are, by way of cosmetic surgery. I had no idea that everyone's love-to-hate boricua JLo had been under the knife. In the comparative pictures you can see how, in most cases, these "celeb" folks seem downright normal, and pretty darn un-glam, and although the carving oft produces hideous effects, sometimes it can be stunning. (On that page, see Becoming JLo). I think you'll be pretty shocked when you look up Catherine Zeta-Jones, Courtney Love, and Lil Kim. They looked like totally different people, once upon a time.

So, Looking at the CZJ and Halle Berry photogs, I wonder if I have what it takes to be carved into a Silicone David. I'm going to give it a shot in Photoshop.

Further proof that nothing you see is real lies within photoshop skills. Fark hosts a contest, but for the most part, it's people throwing together a few cliches and potty humor. However, I've discovered today quite possibly some of the hottest amateur action around. Amateur photoshoppers, that is...er, what did you *think* I meant? Anyway, the ones that suck get deleted, but unlike fark, the good ones are cached. Hurray for Cache!

Check out:

Celebrity Time Travel

A Little DE-touching

and, if you've got time, some of these are funny.

There are some non-celeb things but I didn't find any super great ones today. Plus, I had one of those periods were I was fascinated with celebrity today - not any particular one, but the state of being called "Celebrity" At any rate, I'm going to be bookmarking Worth1000 because this is seriously quality work. And, it just might help me ascend, or whatever.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?