<$BlogRSDURL$>

My mutant power is helping people waste time more efficiently! Quality procrastination since 1995.

Friday, May 21, 2004

Random Question of the Day.

So, I was filling out the "Random Question" on my blogger profile, but it kept getting rejected because it was more than 150 characters. I can't say ANYTHING in less than 150 *words*, much less characters (This blog, prior to this post, has over 16k words). Stupid profile! Anyway, the question was, "When did you get up early to watch cartoons, and what did you watch?" 68 character question! Anyway, here's the story.

Once, when I was three or four, we lived on 12 acres out in the forest, and therefore got about two channels. I remember getting up early this particular Saturday, specifically to watch cartoons. I was up before my parents (this was back when I had two), so I flipped on the TV, all excited about these early-morning supervision-free cartoons that I had not yet sampled (Ultra conservative parents, therefore no Smurfs or anything like that because of the *magic* and *wizards*. Am I the only one who had trouble explaining that the "ghosts" in Scooby Doo were ALWAYS just people in costumes??).

All that was on was a football game.

I remember sitting on the naugahyde (and duct tape!) ottoman, completely crushed. Yet, at that point in time I was much more of a Pollyanna, so I sat there and rooted for the Chicago Bears. And I still do. I also learned that day what an utter disappointment early mornings are, and I haven't been duped since.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?